- CHEESEMAKER & ICE CREAM MAKER
- UNPASTEURISED MILK FROM OWN MONTBELLIER, SWEDISH RED & HOLSTEIN COWS
- VEGETARIAN RENNET
- ON FARM CAFE & RETAIL
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC BY SOIL ASSOCIATION
Already famous for their fabulous ice cream, the Finlay family have reintroduced cheese making to Rainton Farm in 2013 after a 40 year break giving an opportunity to experiment and explore the flavours and textures of different types of cheese. They now have 4 fabulous cheeses, all made by hand.
The Finlay family has been farming at Rainton since the 1920s. Their organic and green credentials are superb; their visitor centre perfect for families and their delightfully creamy ice cream in a great range of flavours has resulted in many awards and well deserved recognition.
- Carrick - Best UK Organic Cheese 2015 - A mature, farmhouse style cheese, traditionally aged, tangy, sweet and creamy. (won gold at the 2016 Artisan cheese awards)
- Laganory- light, crumbly; clean tasting with a pleasant tang.(won bronze at the 2016 Artisan cheese awards)
- Rainton Tomme - creamy flavoursome Swiss style cheese.(won silver at the 2016 Artisan cheese awards)
- Fleet Valley Blue - – mild, creamy blue cheese with a smooth texture and nutty flavour.
Congratulations also to Sarah Haworth, their cheesemaker, who received Silver Award in the Novice Cheesemaker Category 2015 for the Carrick.
Finlay's Farmhouse Cheese is available at their visitor centre, online and from local shops.